Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Breast Cancer Care is a national organisation which offers support and information to people affected by breast cancer. Their services include a national helpline, publications and practical and emotional support on a one-to-one or group basis.
Breast Cancer Care felt that their website no longer reflected the breadth of their activities, and wasn't focusing on the needs of its target audience. It was also difficult to maintain or expand, as content could only be added by someone familiar with HTML. Breast Cancer Care felt that a more effective website would help them reach a wider audience.
Jamkit worked closely with Breast Cancer Care's designers, The Whole Hog, to develop a site which gave the organisation a strong online identity and was simple for visitors to use and navigate.
We gave the site a new look, and made sure it was applied consistently across all the pages. We also helped Breast Cancer Care reorganise their content to simplify browsing , and added a search facility to make it easier for users to find Breast Cancer Care’s published literature as well as press releases and other materials.
We added new online services including a donations area, chat rooms, message boards, discussion forums and support groups. We also helped Breast Cancer Care develop an online version of their 'Live chat' telephone conference service
A new CRM component means Breast Cancer Care can now send targeted emails to their subscribers, and provides a more streamlined management database.
Our Webfactory software and usability consultancy services have helped Breast Cancer Care :
- Streamline their processes - the whole site can now be maintained by one member of staff
- Improve their services - the site is now managing an online community of 1500 people
- Increase traffic to their website by 500 per cent - the number of visitors has risen from between 150 to 300 a day to around 4,000 visitors a day now, and it's still going up. The new discussion forums mean that support and advice are available 24 hrs a day
- Website commended at the 2004 BMA Awards. Full Story...
'We don’t have huge IT resources, and this was a big obstacle to our use of the web. Jamkit’s solution means we can guarantee the site is up-to-date, as it's so easy and straightforward.'
- Diana Jupp, Assistant Director, National Services, Breast Cancer Care
- Site can be kept up to date by one member of satff
- Emails can be targeted to subscribers'needs
- Streamlined donation management database
- Users can find and print out useful literature